In making material available online the ACOR Library acts in good faith. However, despite these safeguards, we recognize that from time to time material published online may be in breach of copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory. If you are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, is obscene / defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us on email@example.com stating the following:
1. Your contact details.
2. The full details of the material, including the exact and full title of the image(s) and filename(s). Filenames start with 2-3 letters (e.g. “JT” or “RK” or “LKJ” and are 10-15 characters long).
3. If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorized representative.
4. The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
Follow up procedure:
Upon receipt of notification the ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
1. The ACOR Library will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from the ACOR Library website pending an agreed solution.
3. The ACOR Library will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the ACOR Library Photographic Archive website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the ACOR Library Photographic Archive website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the ACOR Library Photographic Archive website.
5. If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through the ACOR Library until a time when a resolution has been reached.